The Company’s policy is to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all workers and to provide such information, training and supervision as employees need for this purpose.
For their part employees are required:
- To familiarize themselves with this policy and the Company’s Safety Manual.
- To take reasonable care for their own health and safety and that of other persons who may be affected by the employee’s acts or omissions at work.
- To make use of all protective clothing and equipment supplied by the Company and keep this in good repair and secure when stored and not in use.
- To use the correct operating methods as instructed for any equipment, plant or machinery.
- To be careful, alert and to promptly report any safety problems, unsafe behavior or practices or concerns to your immediate Supervisor, area safety representative and/or their Manager.
- To familiarize themselves with the fire and site evacuation procedures (displayed on fire alarms call points).
- Promptly to report any accident or injury at work, however minor, to a First Aider who will complete all necessary documentation.
The Company will consult regularly with staff and Company area safety representatives with a view to ensuring co-operation in promoting and developing measures to ensure the health and safety at work of workers, and in checking the effectiveness of such measures.
The Company will, through its training policy, ensure that all workers are instructed and given appropriate training in health and safety matters to ensure that they can comply with their individual safety responsibilities and obligations.
Failure to comply with the Company’s policy and rules relating to matters of Health and Safety may be dealt with as acts of misconduct, which may lead to dismissal.
Darren McCarthy is responsible for all inductions and Health and safety paperwork and has the Managing Safely Certificate.